Double Hung Windows in Greater Virginia
One of the most common types of windows you’ll find is the double hung window. A double hung window has a traditional appearance and operates by sliding the lower glass up and down.
Some double hung window designs have dividers called muntins. The muntins divide either the individual panes of glass or snap on for decorative purposes. Newer models of double hung windows feature spring-mounted operating mechanisms, making the windows easy to use.
The double hung window is also easy to clean, making them simple to maintain. In addition, the shape of this window makes it air conditioner and screen friendly, allowing you to modify your interior space without any hassle.
If you want to install a double hung window in your Greater Virginia property, contact AAPCO today. Our window options are specifically made to suit the climate in your area, as well as offer superior strength and efficiency.
Double Hung Window Features
- 12 point, fusion-welded frames, and sashes add long-term durability and strength
- Increased thermal performance due to insulated, multi-chambered frame construction
- Easy to maintain. Features a solid vinyl lineal that doesn’t need painting
- Panes tilt, rotate, or lift for easier cleaning
- Heavy-duty extruded aluminum screen has BetterVue® fiberglass screen mesh
- Slim interior for greater glass area
- Sash has triple dual-seal and the sill and head pocket has dual-seal weatherstripping
- Sloped sill for better water drainage
Other Features, Options, and Accessories
- Kensington Home Performance Products (HPP) Double Hung Windows – Offer a timeless look with superior window insulating technology.
- Unique ILS™ Interlocking Sill – Creates an impenetrable water and air block. Prevents positive and negative air pressures from moving the bottom of the sash.
- Five Degree Sloped Sill – Runs water away and keeps air out of your property. Eliminates the windows’ need for frame weep holes.
- Deluxe Vent Limit – Restricts the size of the ventilated opening. Snaps out to let the cool breeze in.
- Recessed Tilt Latches – Allows you to clean the window safely from inside your property.
- Performance Enhanced Sashes – Decreases air infiltration.
- Multi-Level Weather Seals – Creates an industry leading low air infiltration rate (.03 cfms)
Contact AAPCO, LC at 804-214-7370 so we can install your double hung window properly. Our window experts are fully licensed and have the experience necessary to install windows with zero mistakes. If you’re looking for other types of window for your property, we offer replacement windows that are sure to suit your home’s architectural style.