Comparing Windows and Replacement Costs
When you contemplate replacing your windows, there are a few things you need to consider. One is the style of window you will be choosing for your home. Another is the cost of replacing your windows with the style that you choose. Not all window replacements are alike, with some costing more because they offer more features and functionality.
To help you choose a replacement window style for your home, here are some of the more popular options. They are ranked from least expensive to most expensive, with a primer on why these are great for your home and what makes each one cost more than others:
- Awning window – If you want a lot of fresh air to come into your home when you open your windows, an awning window is your best choice. It is also one of the most economical, with prices ranging from $90 to $400, depending on materials.
- Double-hung window – For those who want a classic-looking window that is highly functional, a double-hung window may be your best bet. You can choose to open only either the lower or the top sash for ventilation or open a bit of both. These usually cost around $150 to $400, depending on the quality of the window.
- Slider window – Another popular choice is the slider or sliding window, with its easy-to-open design. These can only be opened halfway, with one or both panes being movable on top and bottom tracks. These cost from $220 to $760 per window.
- Single-hung window – As opposed to the double-hung option, this window design allows you to open only the bottom part of the window. These cost a little less than double-hung windows, with prices also dependent on the quality of the window and the materials used.
- Casement window – Another window type that is great for ventilation, casement windows feature a hinge on the outer ends that allow you to open the windows outward. These are easy to open and easy to clean from the inside. Depending on construction materials, they cost between $300 and $1,400 each.
- Picture window – A popular choice among homeowners, picture windows allow maximum sunlight to enter your home and provide great views of the outside. But they cannot be opened, which makes them unsuitable for individuals who seek more ventilation. The size also makes them difficult to clean. The price range for picture windows runs from $450 to $900.
- Bay window – One of the most stylish options for replacement windows is the bay window. This gives your home added architectural appeal while allowing for ventilation. A bay window adds indoor appeal with a window seat and is the most expensive window option. They start at roughly $1,400 per window.
For your window replacement needs in Greater Virginia, the company to trust is AAPCO. We have a wide selection of windows for you to choose from in a variety of materials to suit any budget. We also have the skilled and certified installation personnel to help you with window installation, door installation, and even in the creation of sunrooms.
Contact us today for an estimate and consultation by calling us at 804-214-7370.