Double Hung Windows in Hampton Roads & Richmond, Virginia
The most popular window installed in American homes is the double-hung window. A double hung window provides a traditional look and operates by sliding the lower glass up and down.
Some double-hung window designs have dividers called muntins. The muntins divide either the individual panes of glass or snap-on for decorative purposes. Newer models of double hung windows feature spring-mounted operating mechanisms, making the windows easy to use.
The double-hung window is easy to clean, so it is simple to maintain. Its shape makes it compatible with air conditioners and screens, allowing you to modify your interior space without any hassle.
When you want to install a double-hung window in your Richmond or Hampton Roads, VA home, contact AAPCO. Our window options are specifically made to suit the climate in your area. They offer superior durability and energy-efficiency.
Double Hung Window Features
- 12 point, fusion-welded frames and sashes add long-term durability and strength
- Increased thermal performance due to insulated, multi-chambered frame construction
- Solid vinyl lineal needs no painting, making it easy to maintain.
- Panes tilt, rotate or lift for easier cleaning
- Heavy-duty extruded aluminum screen has BetterVue® fiberglass screen mesh
- Slim interior for greater glass area
- Sash has triple dual-seal and the sill and head pocket have dual-seal weatherstripping
- Sloped sill for better water drainage
Other Features, Options, and Accessories
- Quality Double Hung Windows – Offer a timeless look with superior window insulating technology.
- Unique ILS™ Interlocking Sill – Creates an impenetrable water and air block to stop air pressure from moving the sash.
- Five Degree Sloped Sill – Directs water away from the home and keeps out unwanted air, eliminating the need for weep holes.
- Deluxe Vent Limit – Restricts the size of the ventilated opening and snaps out to allow the cool breeze in.
- Recessed Tilt Latches – Allows you to clean the window safely from inside your property.
- Performance Enhanced Sashes – Decreases air infiltration.
- Multi-Level Weather Seals – Creates an industry leading low air infiltration rate (.03 cfms)
Contact AAPCO at 804-214-7370 when you are ready to install some double-hung windows. Our certified window experts have the experience necessary to help you choose and install the ideal replacement windows that are sure to suit your home’s architectural style.